Beauty Products I Can’t Live Without (and Neither Should You….)
Recently, I have stumbled upon quite a few of beauty favorites that have totally transformed my skin. Besides trying to drink as much water and staying as hydrated as possible, it is just as important to use great products on your skin.
I always try to achieve a fresh look without wearing too much makeup and when I say without wearing too much, I essentially mean wearing a very small amount… and Sundays, are partially devoted to taking the time to give my skin a little extra love to recover from the week.
There is nothing like a good complexion and your skin shows how healthy you are. But, in the world we live in, it is especially hard as to keep your skin perfect. We are constantly surrounded by dirt and pollution, eating foods with tons of sugar, and maintaining some of the worst sleep schedules ever… So, how are we supposed to even think about having perfect skin?
Over the last few years, I have read tons of articles and a few books on what is good for a woman’s skin and what is absolutely not. Although it is hard to avoid everything that is bad for you, it is easy to give more of what is good for your skin. Especially in this skin care revolution that we are living in, it is hard to know what will actually work let alone what to actually choose.
It has taken me many months of being frustrated with my skin, to get here, but I want to share some of my favorite and most recent products to determine what has actually worked for me.
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray With Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater: THIS IS A SKIN CARE NECESSITY. I never understood why people were always talking about Mario Badescu’s products. I thought his skin care line must be outrageously expensive considering I saw so many celebrities using his line. That was all until I decided to take an extra long look around Ulta one day and stumbled upon a small section of Badescu’s products. Considering, I always loved a good facial spray, I had to take a chance on a trusted product and it was well worth it! It works for every occasion and every face. I recently have talked a few people into buying it, and they have nothing but good things to say too! It works as a priming spray, a finishing spray, a refresher for any time of the day, and you can even use it on your hair! it leaves your skin dewy and refreshed and I don’t think it is a beauty product I will ever live without again. Click here to shop this product.
2. Clean & Clear Morning Burst Facial Scrub: Morning Burst facial scrub is a product I have been using for a few years and has always worked no matter what my skin is going through. Although I would not suggest it for stubborn acne, it has worked on my skin in more names than one. Normally, I will start the day with this scrub and even if I have a bit of dry and dull skin when I first wake up in the morning, this will take care of it without a doubt. Not only does it deep clean your pores, but you can feel it working as it cleans! The citrus feeling is strong yet gentle at the same time. You will never have oily or dry skin throughout the day if you start your day with Clean & Clear Morning Burst Facial Scrub. Click here to shop this product.
3. Vitamin E Oil Facial Treatment Serum: Vitamin E lotions and Oils can be great for the skins overall health, especially if that skin is needing some serious hydration. Even though I do put a bit of this on in the morning before I put on my makeup, I really slather it on before bed. Although getting enough sleep is great for your skin’s health, you actually lose a lot of water while you sleep and Vitamin E facial oil will help your complexion maintain its moisture so you don’t look as dehydrated in the morning as you feel. For maximum absorption make sure you pat the serum into your skin, instead of rubbing it all around. Click here to shop this product.
4. Hyaluronic Acid Facial Serum: This is another serum that I can’t stop using both morning and night. Hyaluronic acid is one of the must-have beauty products of the year and is included in every anti-anging product. Even though I don’t use it for its anti-aging properties, it helps with plumping the skin and hydration. Don’t be alarmed at the name, your body makes hyaluronic acid but sometimes you face doesn’t get enough of what it needs. The best thing about a hyaluronic acid serum is that if you are constantly in a dry climate like I am, this serum doesn’t need any help doing its job. Regardless of the climate you are in, Hyaluronic acid will do its job. Click here to shop this product.
5. Vaseline: I don’t need to say much about this timeless product. It can basically be used for several different things. I do not go anywhere without a small travel size of vaseline, that is how much I love it! I use it on my face as a quick spot moisturizer, on my lips as a balm, and I even use it on my hands and knuckles as a moisturizer during the awful winters. You would be surprised how a little bit of vaseline can help achieve a dewy look or how it can highlight your favorite facial features. After all, Dolly Parton uses it on her face for moisture and that woman looks fantastic. If you don’t already know where to get a cute and mini vaseline, click here to shop it.
6. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Lip Balm: Last but not least, it is super important to have a good lip balm. Since I don’t like using vaseline on my lips 24/7, I have recently been using this lip balm and it has certainly surprised me. I always knew that Palmer’s Cocoa Butter lotion worked wonders but I didn’t know that they had lip balm. Since I am guilty of losing lip balms more often than I would like to admit, I probably picked this up last-minute because I was suffering from chapped lips. After using this for a few months, I have to say this has become one of my favorite lip balms and a product I will definitely stick with.. (and no surprise, there is vitamin E in it!) From the second I put it on I feel it working and I don’t feel like my lips are drying out five minutes after applying. Click here to shop this product!